This enrolment grants you access to Part 4-6 (the second half) of the RelationSpace Online Program. You will need to purchase access to and complete Part 1-3 ( the first half) in order to obtain a Certificate of Completion. You cannot start Part 4-6 without completing Part 1-3 first.
Part 4: The Conflict
- Learn how intense conflict affects you and others and can be a form of intimacy and an addictive cycle that is hard to break;
- Reflect on personal contribution to the issues and how to engage with your ex-partner in a way that resolves problems;
- Recognise how conflict affects your child;
- Gain an appreciation of the attributes of high conflict personalities, how to identify and observe these traits; how to implement specific skills and behaviours to reduce negative interactions with others;
- Learn specific strategies on how to set boundaries, why boundaries are important and how one parent can make a difference;
- Observe, reviewe and learn how to manage extreme handover situations and talk your way out of conflict;
- Learntpragmatic ways to manage ongoing conflict;
- Download resources on setting personal boundaries.
Part 5: The Plan
- Learn respectful communication techniques and how to use them with the other parent;
- Observe and learn how to build a business-like relationship and go back to basics in communication by recognising, practicing and reviewing communication traps and pitfalls;
- Improve personal communication with specific strategies, skills and techniques to build awareness and a more flexible mindset towards positive interactions;
- Learn how to positive frame issues with your ex-partner with “how to” and “how not to” lessons; review clear steps to getting your message heard positively and how to make a polite parenting request;
- Observe, learn and practise how to construct and deliver a positive proposal to your ex-partner; and how to manage a difficult conversation or topic with your ex-partner;
- Learn helpful things to do and say when things are going wrong; learn and revise communication strategies that reduce conflict;
- Download worksheets on communication pitfalls, communication techniques and helpful statements.
Part 6: The Future & The Law
- Learn how to make an introduction to a new partner when you (or your ex-partner) forms a new relationship; what to expect and how to respond;
- Develop an understanding of how to adjust to a step parenting relationship;
- Recognise that change is inevitable and to be expected and that communication with your ex-partner will be ongoing for many years;
- Recognise that a new partner may or may not be readily accepted by your child and learn strategies to manage this situation;
- Observe and learn how to troubleshoot change, what you can prepare for and how to help your children with the transitions;
- Understand broadly how the Family Law system works in Australia and the pathways or process through which a family law dispute in Australia can be resolved or settled;
- Download an infographic of the family law system in Australia.